Friday, September 23, 2011

Basement to bedroom

Anyone who saw my play room post awhile back, knows that the basement of the new digs was a little dank, dark and dirty. It also needed to be my bedroom.
This came from...
Of the three basement rooms--the other two being the storage room-turned playroom and laundry room--this one is in the best shape. The original listing called it a "rec room," but I could only assume recreation for the previous owners would have been sitting in a dark paneled room. And apparently working a wood-burning stove due to the scorch marks on the wall.

The Befores:
...this


My mom and I put temporary wall paper over the paneling and added the same cheap vinyl tile as we did in the play room.


How I made my corkboard shoji screen.

I papered the back of the built-in shelves for shoe and bag storage.


No comments:

Post a Comment